Kevin M Kelly
- is a broadly-trained anthropologist (BA, Anthropology, U Iowa; AM, PhD, Anthropology, U Illinois at Urbana-Champaign) whose interests focuses on cultural, behavioral & biological facets of human health in the context of human variation & human adaptability and whose publications address issues in anthropology, oral surgery, child health, environmental health, occupational health, evolutionary biology and immunology.
- is the Guest Editor for “Positional Cranial Deformation: Etiology, Natural History, Prevention, Treatment and Sequelae,” a special issue of the Journal of Clinical Medicine.
- is a Guest Editor for “Using Total Worker Health to Advance Worker Health and Safety,” a special issue of the International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health.
- is an associate research scientist in the College of Public Health at the University of Iowa (1998-pres).
- is an adjunct associate professor in the Department of Anthropology at the University of Iowa (1997-pres).
- is Deputy Director, University of Iowa’s Healthier Workforce Center (2016-pres).
- is Treasurer, Society for Anthropological Sciences (2016-pres).
- is a member of the University of Iowa Research Council (2015-pres).
- is a member of the University of Iowa College of Public Health Research Council (2017-pres).
- is the chairperson of the University of Iowa College of Public Health Research Council (2019-2020).
- is the Managing Editor of Science Dialogues, a blog site with a difference (2014-pres).
- is a consultant to Cranial Technologies, Tempe, AZ (1996-pres).
- is a SAS® User with 30-plus years [Yikes!] of SAS® programming and consulting experience (1978-pres).
- is a Fellow of the American Anthropological Association (1994-pres).
- is a past Associate Member of the Plastic Surgery Research Council (1993-1995).
- is a former Senior Scientist/Supervisor in the Department of Clinical Research, Medical City Dallas Hospital, Dallas, TX (1991-1996).
- is a vocal advocate for using the Internet to share information (since 1996).
- can be contacted using the information listed here.
Scroll to Top